Is your house on fire, Clark?
No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.
Tis the season for extravagance. It’s that magical time of year where there’s no such thing as too much, and this is never truer than with Christmas decorations. From buying the biggest tree that will fit in the living room to making sure that inflatable Rudolph is standing up just right, our houses and yards are full of cheer this time of year. Not all of us are Clark Griswold, though. For most of us, it’s much more enjoyable to avoid the unending tangle of lights and instead, go see amazing displays of twinkling joy with a warm beverage in hand. So, for those of you in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, or on the Northshore or MS Gulf Coast, here’s where to see Christmas Lights this holiday season!
The Crescent City loves each holiday, and Christmas is certainly no different.
- Celebration in the Oaks | City Park | November 24 – January 1
- Miracle on Fulton Street | Harrah’s | December 1 – 23
Just like Mike the Tiger, Christmas is roaring with lights.
- Holiday Lights at Baton Rouge General | Corner of Bluebonnet & Picardy | November 22 – January 5
The Northshore shines just as bright as it’s big city neighbor during the holidays.
- Christmas Under the Stars | Griffith Park – Slidell | December 1 – 9
- Ponchatoula Downtown Lighting Ceremony | Downtown Ponchatoula | December 1
Mississippi Gulf Coast
These gorgeous beaches are lit up with the Christmas gift of lights all month!
- Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival | Jones Park – Gulfport | November 24 – December 31
- Christmastime at Beauvoir | Beauvoir | December 7 – 23
- Christmas on the Water Boat Parade | Biloxi | December 2
We’re local. We’re global. As an affiliate of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® and Luxury Portfolio International®, GARDNER REALTORS has connections to the very best real estate brokers who wish you a Merry Christmas!