SUNDAY, MAY 12 – MARK YOUR CALENDARS, SO YOU DON’T FORGET!
Ok, public service announcement out of the way, and now you know when Mother’s Day is. The next thing to discuss is what to get that special lady in our lives. We understand the stress, and while mom loves anything we give her, you want to make it special. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with a great list of ideas and events this year!
1. The Gift that Keeps Giving. Birchbox offers deluxe beauty product samples delivered to your door every month. Let your mom test out new things that will make her happy each and every month. Click here to start her off with a gift box that will cost you just $10 a month!
2. Fitness in Style. Whether mom’s training for a marathon or just wants to track her daily steps, there’s a Fitbit product for her. Prices start at $59.99, so it’s more affordable than you think. Plus, with the new color options, she can now be fit in style! Find the best fit here.
3. The Happiness Plan. Two things that mom loves: happiness and well-documented plans. That’s why she’ll love this 100-day Happiness Planner from Anthropologie. Pro tip: Add a few dates in there where you and Mom will spend time together. Get it here.
4. The Cutting Edge. If you’re like us, a lot of your fond memories of mom might involve her delicious home-cooked meals. A gift we’ve given in the past that really wowed her is a personalized cutting board hand-made into her home state. Even better, they’ll engrave a heart/house/star on the place she calls home. Starting at $30, this is an affordable, personal kitchen item mom will love each time she’s chopping it up in the kitchen! Buy one here.
5. A Sunny Surprise. With summer right around the corner, it’s necessary to have a good pair of shades. Warby Parker can help you accomplish this with incredible style at an affordable price. They offer 50 women’s styles, so there’s sure to be something that your mom will love. Plus, with each purchase, Warby Parker donates a pair of glasses to someone in need. That’s a win-win! Browse their women’s collection here.
6. Tea Time. Is your mom a tea lover? What better way to celebrate her than with a delicious cup of tea? The good folks at Tea Forte offer tea tasting collections in beautifully presented boxes or tins. With prices ranging from $13-$30, you can give mom flavor options for her beloved downtime at a reasonable cost. Click here to view their collection.
1. Brunch Specials. Of course, you basically can’t go wrong with any restaurant in town, and there are a ton of great brunch spots, but these are a few that go the extra mile to make mom’s day special:
- The Bombay Club – $10 bottomless mimosas and Rosé
- Tujague’s – 4-course meal for $52 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Broussard’s – free cocktail or glass of champagne from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Brennan’s – a NOLA tradition, get 3 courses for $65 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Steamboat Natchez – cruise includes a delicious buffet, reserved seating and a jazz band.
Or, try one of these neighborhood staples!
2. Champagne Stroll on Magazine Street. It’s a day early (Saturday, May 11), but if we know mom, it’s never to early to drink bubbly and shop! Enjoy a glass or two while the shops stay open late!
3. Mother’s Day Celebration at Audubon Zoo. Mom gets in free and there will be a show by Irma Thomas, craft tents and treats to make her feel loved.
1. CycloFemme Mothers Day Ride. A part of a worldwide movement to engage, empower, and encourage women of all ages to ride their bikes. 2:00 p.m. at Perkins Road Community Road Park.
2. Mother’s Day Craft and Brunch. Saturday, May 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at FW Gallery. Tickets here.
3. Mother’s Day Brunch Specials at Tallulah, The Watermark Hotel and The Crowne Plaza.
NorthShore/MS Gulf Coast
1. Mother’s Day Home Tour in Old Mandeville. From 2-5, the 9th annual event has a theme of “Eclectic Old Mandeville: Homes from 1850 to Present.”
2. Bill Engvall. Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum selling recording artist and one of the top comedians in the country hits the IP Casino stage on May 10.
3. An Evening With Jonny Lang. The next night, Saturday, May 11, IP Casino plays host to this amazing blues artist.
4. Brunch at the White Pillars. If you haven’t been to the Coast’s newest restaurant, Sunday brunch is a great time to check it out and spoil your mom!
5. Annual Mother’s Day at Brunch at Zea in Slidell.
The truth is, mom will love anything you get her this year. Try one of these great options or one of your own ideas to let her know just how much you love and appreciate her! Wishing each and every mom out there a very happy Mother’s Day!
For all of mom’s dream home needs, contact your LOCAL expert at Gardner Realtors today!