Tiger Stadium and the Superdome are filling each weekend, and we are starting to feel a chill in the air. Get ready to bust out your rakes and your tailgating gear, because fall is here! While it may take a little longer for it to truly feel like autumn down here, you can easily make it feel like home at the dinner table. So pull on your wool socks and head to the kitchen to make these deliciously seasonal soups for fall!
- 1/2 to 1 cup Onion Seasoning Mix
- fresh or frozen
- 1 10 oz. pack chopped Broccoli
- 1 can of Artichoke Hearts, drained
- and chopped
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 1/2 pint to 1 pint of Half and Half
- (to thicken as needed)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Green Onions, to taste – about 2
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sauté onion seasoning mix in butter until onions are clear.
- Add broccoli, artichokes and broth, cook down.
- Add half & half and soup to thicken.
- Add green onions to the pot before serving.
- Top each bowl with cheddar cheese.
– Kerrie Seiler, Mandeville Office
- 1/2 stick Margarine
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic
- Curly Vermicelli
- 2 14 oz. cans Of Artichoke Hearts quartered
- 8 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 2 tbs. dry Parsley
- 1 tsp. Basil leaves
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- Grated Italian Cheese (optional)
- 1 tbs. Flour
- Melt butter and oil together in a large pot.
- Sauté onions and garlic together.
- Add artichoke hearts and cook a little.
- In a saucepan, melt the bouillon cubes in 1 cup of water and add to pot.
- Add seven more cups of water.
- Add parsley, basil leaves and oregano and let cook for 1 hour in covered pot.
- Mix flour in 1 cup of water, add to pot and cook 15 minutes more.
- Add Vermicelli and cook until done
– Fran Cannino, Hammond Office
- 1 18 oz. can Creamed Corn
- 1 18 oz. can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 18 oz. can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 18 oz. can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 18 oz. can Chicken Broth
- 1 can Chicken, or you may use chopped chicken leftover from a Rotisserie Chicken
- Empty all cans into a stock pot and cook, stirring frequently, over a low flame, for an hour.
- Serve with assorted toppings: chopped avocado, onion, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips.
- Couldn’t be easier!
– Charlotte Link, Uptown Office
Let us help you create the life you love. Contact a LOCAL expert today!