Is your house on fire, Clark?
No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.
Tis the season for extravagance. It’s that magical time of year where there’s no such thing as too much, and this is never truer than with Holiday decorations. From buying the biggest tree that will fit in the living room, to making sure that inflatable Rudolph is standing up just right, our houses and yards are full of cheer this time of year. Not all of us are Clark Griswold, though. For most of us, it’s much more enjoyable to avoid the unending tangle of lights, and instead, go see amazing displays of twinkling joy with a warm beverage in hand. So, for those of you in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, the Northshore or on the MS Gulf Coast, here’s where to see the lights this Holiday season!
The Crescent City loves each holiday, and this time of year is certainly no different.
- Celebration in the Oaks | City Park | November 29 – January 1
- Miracle on Fulton Street | Harrah’s | November 29 – December 28
- Audubon Zoo Lights | Audubon Zoo | November 29-30, December 1, 6-8, 12-15, 19-23, 26-30
Just like Mike the Tiger, this season is roaring with lights.
- Reflections of the Season | West Baton Rouge Convention & Visitors Bureau | December 14 – 16
The Northshore shines just as bright as its big city neighbor during the holidays.
- Christmas Under the Stars | Griffith Park – Slidell | December 6 – 14
These gorgeous beaches are lit up with the gift of lights all month!
- Gulfport Harbor Lights Winter Festival | Jones Park – Gulfport | November 29 – December 31
- Christmastime at Beauvoir | Beauvoir | December 20 – 23
- Christmas on the Water Boat Parade | Biloxi | December 7
Happy Holidays! For all of your dream home needs, contact your LOCAL expert at Gardner Realtors today!